It’s TUESDAY! That means it’s back to teaching cycle tonight, and Tuesdays are usually pretty tough classes because the week hasn’t worn anyone out yet. And, I realized I haven’t shared a #spinning playlist in awhile!
This is a simple climb, jump, hill, sprint loop that repeats 3 times, the catch is that each song gets progressively steeper until you reach the top of the hill song, then the weight comes off (not all the weight!) and we’re on a fast flat road.
I always start my students off by finding a “comfortable flat road” by pushing at least 6-10 gears onto their bikes (we have Keiser M+ Series bikes with computers on them, but that would mean knob at least 1/4 way up on a similar flywheel bike or 1-2 full turns on a Spinner bike). No weight=No work and we are there to “workout” right?
The “loops” are each a different color…
- Mama Said Knock You Out- LL Cool J (4:52) warm up song
- Back in the Saddle- Aerosmith (4:40) First climb, still warming up & then simple stretching
- In the Ayer- Flo Rida (3:40) Jumps: 1min of 8 counts, 1min of 4 counts, 30sec of 2 counts, 30sec rest, back to 30sec of 2 counts
- The Way you Move- Outkast (3:54) Stretch and then head up the first hill of the class pushing on a few gears before standing…add 2 throughout song
- How Far We’ve Come- Matchbox 20 (3:30) Seated fast flat (2-3 gears heavier than “flat” for experienced) keeping RPM above 100 for a full 3min
- American Boy- Estelle feat Kanye West (3:57) Climb, out of the saddle with some surges (80% of speed) on the chorus, add a gear after each surge…keep the weight!
- Don’t Cha- Pussycats Dolls (4:33) 4position, 4count jumps (positions: climb, squat, run, sit…4 counts each)
- Flower- Moby (3:23) Hill time…this time seated, drop those heels and start pushing, add 1 on as each minute ticks by
- Pump It- Black Eyed Peas (3:33) Sprints! Back to our flat…30seconds on, 30 seconds off
- Nothin’ But a Good Time- Poison (3:44) Climb, come on up outta the saddle and we’re back to those surges! Adding one after each set.
- We Run the Night- Havana Brown feat Pitbull (3:48) Hold that weight (or add a few) 4count Squat Jumps
- Beggin’- Madon (I LOVE THIS SONG!) (3:38) 30sec in the saddle 30 second standing ahead of the beat
- Smells Like Teen Spirit- Nirvana (5:01) Our Hill continues…flip the work 30 sec seated ahead of the beat, 30 second standing at the beat
- Beware- Panjabi MC feat Jay-Z (3:59) Keep that heart rate soaring! Fast flat all the way out
- Right Here- Justin Bieber feat Drake (3:24) Cool down, stretch
My other fave right now (and possibly forever) is Let’s Go by Calvin Harris…click to enjoy
What’s your favorite workout song right now?