Oh how the days just seem to slip away. I swear just yesterday I saw the first leaves start to turn the slightest tinge of orange and the next thing I know it’s November!
Well, October is my favorite month for many reasons, so I am sad that it’s gone. But, while it was here I did manage to whip up some amazing pumpkin concoctions that I’ve been meaning to share so….
Gluten-free Pumpkin Buckwheat Pancakes
*Adapted from my friends the Walberg’s Aunt Gina’s buckwheat recipe…thanks Aunt Gina!
- 1C buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 TBSP pumpkin pie spice (more or less to your liking)
- 1TBSP coconut oil
- 1TBSP honey (I used raw)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 C pumpkin puree (If you use the “pie mix” kind eliminate some of the spices! And… I’ve tried adding more…. it doesn’t work…trust me on this one!)
- 1C almond milk (or regular milk for you lactose enzyme producing folk)
- 1 egg
- Mix dry ingredients
- Melt together coconut oil and honey
- Add vanilla to coconut/honey mix
- Add coconut/honey/vanilla mix, pumpkin and egg to dry mix. Stir to combine.
- Start to add milk little by little until you get a pancake batter consistency to your liking.
- Heat griddle (med or so) and coat with your favorite kind of cooking lubricant (I either use coconut oil or butter). Cook and enjoy!
NOTE: if you’re not a good pancake maker… these are very much so like regular pancakes in that they tell you when they need flipped. They will get tiny pockets (burst bubbles) in them. Flip, cook about 1min more and then remove from heat!
I also made this….
5min Pumpkin Butter
- 1C pumpkin puree
- 1 TBSP raw honey (or reg honey)
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- A splash or two of almond milk
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a microwave safe dish.
- Microwave on high for about 2 minutes.
- Stir, stir, stir.
- Taste…adjust sweetness to your liking, and enjoy on top your pancakes!
So, there you have it two super easy, GF, DF, Vitamin A packed recipes to help you enjoy some pumpkin… and there are a few more still to come… so get some pumpkin and get to cookin… it’s still fall after all!