I’ve been severely slacking on my postings, but I’m full of thankfulness, love, and cake this lovely Thursday afternoon thanks to my wonderful co-workers’ despedido…Today is my last full day of work with the lovely people at my non-profit property management job, and it’s a bittersweet goodbye as I move onward ho to grad school. Bittersweet goodbye softened by some sweets!
Seriously the cake was delicioso! Gluten-free? Not so much, but when people buy you cake (and pizza… I confess lunch=pizza+cake) it means they love you… so eat the cake… say your sorry to your digestive system later 🙂
It also means that this WOD needs to happen before spin tonight…
2 rounds as close together as you can of:
Tonight is also my last cycle class with the lovely spinners at LA Fitness in Arlington, VA. I LOVE teaching spin… seeing my students get (in the ubiquitous words of Kanye) better, strong, faster!
So, I made them a special goodbye playlist…
Sayonara Sara Spin List
- Rabiosa- Shakira feat Pitbull (2:50) -warm up fast flat
- More (RedOne Jimmy Joker Remix)- Usher (3:40) -warm up alternating 30sec in the saddle then 30 sec out
- Que Sera- Wax Tailor (2:44) -stretch
- Let’s Go- Calvin Harris feat Ne-Yo (3:46) -Climb <—fave cycle song to date!
- Work It Out- Lil Jon feat Pitbull (3:44) -Jump
- Work Hard, Play Hard- Wiz Khalifa (3:39) -Hill… mainly because Wiz is from the burgh!
- Halo/Walking on Sunshine- Glee Cast Version (2:05) -Sprint
- Club Can’t Handle Me- Flo Ride feat David Guetta (3:52) -Climb
- Bang Bang- K’naan feat Adam Levine (3:03) -Jumps… fast jumps!
- No Hands- Waka Flocka Flame (4:22)- Hill… I shouldn’t love this song, but I DO SO MUCH!
- 50 Ways to Say Goodbye- Train (4:08)- Sprint
- Blurred Lines- Robin Thicke feat T.I & Pharrell (4:23)- Climb
- Sexy and I Know It- LMFAO (3:19)- Jumps
- Man in the Box- Alice in Chains (4:49)- Hill
- All Jacked Up- Gretchen Wilson (3:32)-Out of the saddle Sprints… I can’t let them get away without playing a little bit of country in there somewhere… Yes, you can workout to it!
- Harlem Shake- Baauer (3:16)- Fast flat!
- Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye- Steam (4:09) Cool down
- Don’t Stop Believin’ -Journey (4:09)… Goodbye music… and the unofficial anthem of Pittsburgh
And of course I’ll play a little Hall and Oates Ode to Sara(h)’s everywhere…